[plt-scheme] 3m

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 1 20:57:12 EDT 2006

> Both of the major obstacles above have recently become much smaller:
>
>  * Using the "foreign.ss" library with 3m is usually not much more
>    difficult than with CGC. As our library bindings have migrated to
>    "foreign.ss" (instead of writing the glue in C), using 3m has
>    become much easier.
>
>    Meanwhile, we also have mzc --xform (and a better tool in the
>    pipeline) for transforming C-implemented glue code to work with 3m.

I just tried drscheme3m with the C library, Allegro, that I use for
doing graphics; drscheme crashed immediately upon initializing the
Allegro system. I dont understand how using foreign.ss would make 3m
handle C pointers better, but from the above paragraph I was under the
impression that it would Just Work( TM ). Or should it just work and I'm
doing something wrong with the foreign interface?

Posted on the users mailing list.