[plt-scheme] Diagrams

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jan 16 13:49:09 EST 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 10:40 AM, Richard Cleis wrote:

> Hmmm.  I was required to produce this sort of end user
> documentation once, and it was also a joke.  I was merely hoping to
> produce something that wasn't a joke, this time.  Am I to conclude
> that diagrams have no place in programming or its management?
>
> rac

I've used Visio (for UML) as a kind of a personal white board when
working on program design, and as a tool to facilitate communication
with others, and have found it very useful. But it is not at all
clear to me that UML is an appropriate modeling language for FP. I
fear that it could tend to foster designs that are not at all
idiomatic. Beyond that, certain constructs (such as lazy lists) don't
seem to fit at all.

===
Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"You must unlearn what you have learned."
--Yoda

Posted on the users mailing list.