[plt-scheme] Diagrams

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jan 16 13:49:09 EST 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 10:40 AM, Richard Cleis wrote:

> Hmmm.  I was required to produce this sort of end user
> documentation once, and it was also a joke.  I was merely hoping to
> produce something that wasn't a joke, this time.  Am I to conclude
> that diagrams have no place in programming or its management?
> rac

I've used Visio (for UML) as a kind of a personal white board when
working on program design, and as a tool to facilitate communication
with others, and have found it very useful. But it is not at all
clear to me that UML is an appropriate modeling language for FP. I
fear that it could tend to foster designs that are not at all
idiomatic. Beyond that, certain constructs (such as lazy lists) don't
seem to fit at all.

Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"You must unlearn what you have learned."

Posted on the users mailing list.