Re: [plt-scheme] Install Drscheme 300 on FreeBSD

From: (carlmax at
Date: Tue Jan 3 08:18:21 EST 2006

Hi Joseph Koshy,
The error message Drscheme printed on FreeBSD 5.2.1 is:
"include-bitmap: unable to parse image, originated from: /usr/local/plt/collects/icons/turn-down.png"
I compiled from the source, and when I ran it, I got the same error message as above.
Once I compiled Drscheme 209, everything went ok except starting the program very slowly.
Is there a bug in Drscheme 300 or something wrong in my FreeBSD?

Best regards.

>> Finally I compiled it from the ports, It was ok to compile
>> and install, but when I ran it, it complained the same
>> problem as before. What shoul I do?
>If you could you file a (FreeBSD) PR with a short program that
>displays the problem, I will try to help.
>FreeBSD Volunteer,

        carlmax at

Posted on the users mailing list.