[plt-scheme] compile-time error for mzscheme plt from svn / Solaris 10

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 2 16:42:35 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else run into a compile-time error while building mzscheme from
svn trunk?  I'm seeing the following on my Solaris box while compiling the

gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/export/home/dyoo/local/plt/src/mzscheme'
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/dyoo/local/plt/src/mzscheme'
gmake mzscheme
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/export/home/dyoo/local/plt/src/mzscheme'
gcc -g -O2  -Wall     -I. -I./include -c ./main.c -o main.o
gcc -o mzscheme main.o  libmzscheme.a libmzgc.a  -ldl -lm  -lsocket -lnsl
hstrerror                           libmzscheme.a(network.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mzscheme
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Manually kluding in '-lresolv' to the Makefile appears to fix the problem
for me, but I'm not familiar enough with the build system to know exactly
what the proper fix is.  Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.