[plt-scheme] Seeking advice with error handling of an exception...

From: Harley Gorrell (harley at panix.com)
Date: Tue Feb 28 22:32:29 EST 2006

    On a whim, I stuck mzscheme into bash. [1] The goal is to
be able to define bash completer functions which are smarter
than what I would care to write in bash directly.  To that
end, I added a handful of primitive functions to set bash
variables from scheme.

    The problem occurs when an error is thrown from within
scheme.  The first error appears to be handled correctly,
but the second causes a core dump.  It is reproducible with
this command:    (Note the lack of the argument for "~a")

./bash/bash -c "seval '(format \"~a\")' ; seval '(format \"~a\")'"

    My guess is that I am blowing the setjmp/longjmp, but it
appears correct as it looks just like the one from the
manual.

    Any hints as to how to debug this would be welcome.

[1] http://www.mahalito.net/~harley/sw/sbash.tar.gz

thanks!,
harley.

Posted on the users mailing list.