[plt-scheme] Reporting syntax-error to a DrScheme tool

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 28 20:03:45 EST 2006

At Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:41:07 +0100, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> Robby Findler wrote:
> > Is errortrace annotating the code?
>
> No?

The error highlighting works by having the errortrace library rewrite
the program to insert continuation marks all over the place. The
error-display-handler (that you installed) reads out the continuation
marks and uses them to display the error. So, I guess you'll want to
read about errortrace. In the teaching languages, I install it in the
eval-handler (the program must be fully expanded before calling
errortrace). If the docs aren't clear from here, pls. ask more
questions -- you might also look at
plt/collects/drscheme/private/debug.ss.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.