[plt-scheme] subprocess and wait

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 26 05:38:42 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've have created a program in PLT Scheme, whose main objective is to
gather a bunch of other programs and run them accordingly a specified
algorithm which depends on their output. To run them I create a
subprocess and then right after I do a subprocess-wait.
After waiting returns I'll parse the huge output in search for a specific token.

Now a problem arose. I usually leave them running on a machine during
the night with nohup so that they do not shutdown when I leave. Today
when I  checked everything up something wierd happened during the
night. Some CPU intensive processes, with lots of output went to sleep
after a while and wait never returned but everything works ok if I
call myself the program on the command line and not through
subprocess.

Is it possible subprocess is not liking that stdout is getting filled
during subprocess-wait and sends somehow the process to sleep? The
strange thing is that the process doesn't get killed but
but stays dormant without using the CPU.

Any ideas?

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm