[plt-scheme] subprocess and wait

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 26 05:38:42 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've have created a program in PLT Scheme, whose main objective is to
gather a bunch of other programs and run them accordingly a specified
algorithm which depends on their output. To run them I create a
subprocess and then right after I do a subprocess-wait.
After waiting returns I'll parse the huge output in search for a specific token.

Now a problem arose. I usually leave them running on a machine during
the night with nohup so that they do not shutdown when I leave. Today
when I  checked everything up something wierd happened during the
night. Some CPU intensive processes, with lots of output went to sleep
after a while and wait never returned but everything works ok if I
call myself the program on the command line and not through

Is it possible subprocess is not liking that stdout is getting filled
during subprocess-wait and sends somehow the process to sleep? The
strange thing is that the process doesn't get killed but
but stays dormant without using the CPU.

Any ideas?

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering

Posted on the users mailing list.