[plt-scheme] Setting Breakpoints

From: cbarski.25493466 at bloglines.com (cbarski.25493466 at bloglines.com)
Date: Sat Feb 25 07:54:43 EST 2006

Hi everyone- I'm trying to figure out the tricks to getting the most
out
of the debugger in DrScheme (The one initiated by hitting the
"Debug" button
on the toolbar, not one of the other incarnations) One
of the few weak areas
in the otherwise excellent DrScheme...

The most frustrating thing for me
is that it loses breakpoints when the
program is restarted and it is difficult
to place breakpoints at all in
many cases (if the current stopping point
is not in the same toplevel
expression as the place you want to set the breakpoint
at)

The docs seem pretty skimpy on this feature (probably because it is

rather new) so I was wondering if anyone has found out any useful tips
for
making breakpoints easier to work with.

For instance, is there a way to
trigger a break programatically? I
found out a hack that works which is to
insert a (read) at the desired
location, then hit the pause button on the
toolbar when it is hit-
surely there is a more proper way to accomplish this?

Thanks for any tips!

-Conrad Barski, M.D.

Posted on the users mailing list.