[plt-scheme] ANN: New Beta of SchemeUnit

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 05:02:24 EST 2006

Another beta.  Same place:

Install using

  planet -f schemeunit.plt schematics 2 0

Remove previous betas using

  planet -r schematics schemeunit.plt 2 0

What's new?  A conversion script from 1.x to 2.0 (in
plt/convert.ss) Nothing else you're likely to notice unless
you hack on SchemeUnit.

There are three items left on my TODO list.  I'd appreciate
feedback from interested parties.

1.  Make define-assertion also define the shortcut test-X
form.  A good idea, but at the moment I lack the energy to
fight with syntax-case.  (Note that the shortcut name is
irregular in, for example assert-equal? => test-equal? but
assert => test-assert)

2.  Change the pompous name assert to the more friendly
check.  Requires lots of code changes.

3.  Use the contract language to define checks on values.
This is a very good idea.  However 1) it requires lots of
reworking of SchemeUnit, 2) it requires deep understanding
of how the contract system works, and 3) possibly makes
portability difficult.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/

Do You Yahoo!?