[plt-scheme] Multiple values

From: Bill Wood (william.wood3 at comcast.net)
Date: Tue Feb 21 11:12:07 EST 2006

Isn't it interesting that the MLr's got symmetry as a side-effect of
supporting currying:  Currying requires that functions have only one
argument, so they say that multiple-arg functions are in fact single-arg
functions with the arg being a tuple.  So they have the symmetry that
functions take tuples and return tuples, and they seem to be happy.

I guess I'm leaning toward Robby's position -- the arguments are
interesting, especially Jean-Michel's (which I will have to think about
a lot more), but so far not compelling.

This has been interesting discussion, thanks for bringing it up,

 -- Bill Wood

Posted on the users mailing list.