[plt-scheme] Okay, this is ugly

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Feb 18 11:39:16 EST 2006

On Feb 18, 2006, at 8:12 AM, Geoffrey Knauth wrote:

> After a while, people know ugly code when they see it, but given
> that Scheme has unique introspective and transformative power, I
> wonder if anyone has written an Ugly Detector?

It amazes me how often I write code (not just in Scheme), decide it's
ugly for some reason (even if I can't really put my finger on it),
and then rewrite it. I'm a beginner at Scheme, so this code must
REALLY be ugly.

==
Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"If you give someone Fortran, he has Fortran.
If you give someone Lisp, he has any language he pleases."
--Guy L. Steele, Jr.

Posted on the users mailing list.