[plt-scheme] Okay, this is ugly

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Feb 18 11:39:16 EST 2006

On Feb 18, 2006, at 8:12 AM, Geoffrey Knauth wrote:

> After a while, people know ugly code when they see it, but given
> that Scheme has unique introspective and transformative power, I
> wonder if anyone has written an Ugly Detector?

It amazes me how often I write code (not just in Scheme), decide it's
ugly for some reason (even if I can't really put my finger on it),
and then rewrite it. I'm a beginner at Scheme, so this code must
REALLY be ugly.

Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"If you give someone Fortran, he has Fortran.
If you give someone Lisp, he has any language he pleases."
--Guy L. Steele, Jr.

Posted on the users mailing list.