[plt-scheme] Naming an equality operator

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Feb 17 22:42:48 EST 2006

On Feb 17, Carl Eastlund wrote:
> For now I've called it "equality", but that's not a great name.
> (equality A B) doesn't suggest the right thing, it's the wrong part
> of speech or something and it doesn't have a ? to suggest a
> predicate.  What do people think about the names "same?", "equals?",
> or "equ?"  [pause to distance one question mark from another] ?
> Does anyone have a better name?

After a few days of looking for a sensible name, I settled on
`equals?' in Swindle.  It makes sense because equalities are order
from the smallest one up (`eq?', short, so it must be able to fit in
between most object, and it must be very fast, `equals?' is so long it
must be slow).  (In CL there is `equalp' above `equal'.)