[plt-scheme] Re: Semantics of ec?

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at cs.brandeis.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 16 11:38:50 EST 2006

Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2006, at 7:33 AM, David Van Horn wrote:
>
>> Is a reduction semantics for "escape only" continuations available in
>> the literature somewhere (or any other semantics for that matter)?
>
> Cartwright, Curien, Felleisen: Fully abstract models of observably
> sequential languages. Info. Comp. 111(2). 1994. 297--401.

Thanks for the reference.  I was wondering if there is something that
gives the reduction semantics for call/ec, which I could contrast with
the usual reduction semantics of call/cc, ie. I'm interested in how the
notion "an escape continuation is only valid when the current
continuation is an extension of the escape continuation" is formalized.

Thanks again,
David

Posted on the users mailing list.