[plt-scheme] Promises, Futures, and Concurrency

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 16 04:24:47 EST 2006

--- Brent Fulgham <bfulg at pacbell.net> wrote:

> I'm curious how fully-formed "Concurrent MzScheme" is in
> the new 301
> world.  Any savants ready to weigh in?

I'm no expert but I've used the message passing concurrency
in MzScheme and O'Caml, but inspired by Concurrent ML.
They are pretty much equivalent, with MzScheme being a bit
easier to use.

AFAIK the reall difference that Erlang has is the
infrastructure to support concurrent development -- the
debuggers, process inspectors, Mnesia etc.

N.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/