[plt-scheme] Emacs modes and s-expression comments

From: Bill Wood (william.wood3 at comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 15 21:57:50 EST 2006

This is by way of a PS to my previous missive. Since we're talking about
interfaces and diversity of user preferences, is there  any way to make
the help-desk *not* pop up that irritating, patronizing "Are you sure
you want to quit" warning whenever I exit, either by the "x" button on
the far right or the Quit item of the File menu?  Before I upgraded to
v300 one of the two paths popped up the warning box and the other one
didn't (I forget which was which), and I thought that was a reasonable
compromise.  Now I get the *(*@$* computer "Taking care of me" whether I
want it to or not.

Fundamental difference in world-view, don't ya see -- the computer is
not my friend, it is a toolbox.  I'm not interested in having my
screwdriver ask me if I really want to tighten this bolt, and I don't
want to be side-tracked by interactions provided under the mistaken
assumption that I don't know what I'm doing.

(This is only a mild irritant; I don't really start frothing at the
mouth until I run into software that attempts to do my thinking for
me :-)

 -- Bill Wood

Posted on the users mailing list.