[plt-scheme] Native code generation and immutable pairs

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 12 10:59:08 EST 2006

We don't plan to eliminate mutable cells (incl. boxes or cells created
from define-struct). Even eliminating mutable cons cells is not
something we're sure about (but I personally lean towards trying it).

As to why have mutable cons cells when you have boxes or vice-versa: I
don't think it is something deep. I think it is just that one has two
fields and the other has one (with define-struct (not part of the
Scheme standard) of course, you can define both).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.