[plt-scheme] Native code generation and immutable pairs

From: Gregory Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Feb 12 00:47:31 EST 2006

On Feb 11, 2006, at 9:01 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> My sense is that we occasionally need mutation, but we get a lot by
> giving it up (and there's always mutable pairs and mutable records via
> define-struct in some variation that's not going away). But, I'm just
> speaking for myself.

How is define-struct implmented internally? Where would I look?

Right off the top of my head, the only real options I can think of
are as a pair or as a closure.  Defining structures as  closures
seems slick, but I have no feel for how practical it might be.
Internally, it seems to me that a closure is likely to end up being
something like a hash table associated with an expression, so it
would probably as efficient to work with as anything. Hmm...

===
Gregory Woodhouse
gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net

"Good acts are like good poems. One may easily get their drift, but
they are not rationally understood."
--Albert Einstein

Posted on the users mailing list.