FW: [plt-scheme] Statistics (V301.5 Speed Up)

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Sat Feb 11 13:11:06 EST 2006

Actually, this exercise is very much a "plug and chug" endeavor on my part.
I am just curious - in a wholly unscientific way - about the speed up from
V301 to V301.5 for a continuation entensive application.  In this case, the
application domain is models developed using the simulation collection I
developed.  It was meant as a thanks for the work that went into the
run-time improvements and as I way that I could guage for myself some
measure of the speed up.  I am quite satisfied with simple statistics on the
results - the only variable between runs of the same model has been the
version of the PLT Scheme system used.  Some of us were also curious about
the shape of the distributions of run times - another example of which is
attached here.

If anyone would like to do some statistically meaningful ananysis on the
data.  All of the code is available on PLaneT.

Doug