[plt-scheme] Native code generation and immutable pairs

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 10 09:41:29 EST 2006

--- Jim Blandy <jimb at red-bean.com> wrote:

> Speaking from absolutely no real experience, I firmly
> believe that you
> have to assess the value of an analysis or optimization
> in terms of
> how well it will fit in and complement the other stuff
> you've already got in place.

Agreed (with all parts, including 'absolutely no real
experience' :).  I think the point to draw from Manuel's
results are that type tests take up a fairly large amount
of time (at least in the type of programs used in the
benchmarks but I think these results should generalise).
Given that the MzScheme compiler performs practically no
optimisations (at least it did last time I looked) this
optimisation should be a win for mzc.

N.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/