[plt-scheme] Serializable continuations?

From: Lauri Alanko (la at iki.fi)
Date: Fri Feb 10 00:44:40 EST 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:18:26PM +0000, pedro pinto wrote:
> Seems like small, serializable continuations would pretty much eliminate
> some of the standard objections to continuation based web programming
> (timeout based GC, no load balancing).

And the death of session-specific URIs upon server reboot.

There's an alternative approach to capturing the state of a web
session, described in John Hughes' original arrows paper (Section 9):

http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~rjmh/Papers/arrows.pdf

Adapted to Scheme, this would essentially mean writing a small
domain-specific language that tracked control flow and was able to
resume it. I'm not sure if anyone's done this. I might try it some day.

Lauri

Posted on the users mailing list.