[plt-scheme] Serializable continuations?

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Feb 9 18:20:55 EST 2006

pedro pinto wrote:
> Fair points, but still we would be much better of than now, when we
> cannot even shutdown the web-server, let alone change the code, right?
> What I am trying to say I guess, is that if I was running a big web
> service I might be ok with loosing user sessions when there is an
> upgrade. I definitly would not be happy about having to match user
> requests to specific (possibly dead) instances of the web-server or with
> keeping two week old continuations in main memory.

Serializable continuations would be cool - and hard to implement.
In the web-server one could save the continuation at disk and send
an id-number to the client.

For maintenance of the web-server, one might at least on a Unix box, be
able to use program images as described here:

Jens Axel Søgaard

Posted on the users mailing list.