[plt-scheme] DrScheme and accessibility (Choose a language)

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 9 17:37:48 EST 2006

Out of curiosity, I started up VoiceOver under OSX 10.4 to try a few
things. I didn't do a fresh install for this test; I tried it with both
v209 and v300, binary installs.

I opened up the languages selection panel; VoiceOver reported that there
were 72 items, and then went silent. Navigating the language list with
the keyboard reports nothing. Likewise, clicking on languages in the
flippy-list and clicking on UI elements that configure the language
choice (debugging/profiling, output, etc.) are all silent.

I suspect WxWindows is not a full-peer, and therefore the assistive
technologies don't know how to handle them.