[plt-scheme] DrScheme and accessibility (Choose a language)

From: Greg Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Feb 9 16:10:28 EST 2006

Well, I just ran into a dead end. I asked a co-worker of mine who is
blind to install PLT Scheme. There was no problem there, but I can't
seem to get her past the task of choosing a language. I can do it with
just the keyboard, but using either JAWS or Window Eyes (two screen
readers), she not only is unable to "see" what the languages are
(though the major categories, Professional and Teaching, ARE
"visible"). I can just highlight a language and press <enter>, but that
doesn't seem to work.

Is there any other way of selecting a language in DrScheme?

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net>
"All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as
being self-evident."
--Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted on the users mailing list.