[plt-scheme] re: programming for the web in scheme (vlado)

From: pedro pinto (pedro.e.pinto at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 9 14:39:10 EST 2006

> Is understanding continuations completely a prerequisite to creating
> the correct workflow, or does experimenting with workflows in web-
> apps lead from a partial to a better understanding of continuations?
> Some thing are OK to learn by trial and error.  I wonder if
> mishandling continuations leads to enlightenment or insanity.

Programming the web-server is very easy and can be
done with just the most general notion of how continuations work. For
me the hardest thing was the suspension of disbelief necessary to
ignore the "http is stateless" mantra and design web-apps
that internally look pretty much like desktop ones.

-pp