[plt-scheme] planet package status

From: pedro pinto (pedro.e.pinto at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 7 19:18:31 EST 2006

I am happy to report that the newest SchemeUnit package seems to address the
compilation problem that was breaking a fair number of other packages.
Unfortunately there are some new issues. On my XP laptop:

typedscm.plt
sqlid.plt

both fail to install, causing planet to consume all available memory (close
to 1GB) then die without a sound.

Additionally it seems that contract-utils.plt has been packaged incorrectly.
The plt does not contain any scheme code. This causes other packages to fail
to install. Namely:

classic-java
environment
geocoder
io
java
zip

There a few other failures that are not as easily explained (by me anyway).
More details at:

http://rivendell.ws/planet-stats/

-pp