[plt-scheme] Why is the PLaneT cache per-user?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Feb 5 09:22:31 EST 2006

On Feb  4, Gregory Woodhouse wrote:

> On a Unix system (including OS X), you could create a plt group and
> make the program itself setgid. I don't know if it would really be
> worth the trouble, though, except maybe on a system with a number of
> different users. Anyway, just a thought from someone else who isn't
> s PLaneT developer.

Find your nearest department sysadmin and suggest this.  In general, I
think that there are two scenarios that you should consider to make
design choices clear:

* A university sysadmin installing PLT for 200 students to use.  The
  sysadmin couldn't care less about PLT or Scheme.

* Running PLT from a CD.