[plt-scheme] associating data with structure types

From: Lauri Alanko (la at iki.fi)
Date: Sat Feb 4 09:38:21 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 04:12:42PM -0500, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> In that case we should seriously consider offering a second
> define-struct*** construct along the lines of Chez, where you can add
> in "default" fields and things like that.

I just discovered that such a thing exists at
mzlib/private/define-struct.ss. I've often found it annoying how tedious
it is to create a struct type with a custom procedure handler, and
wondered why there isn't a define-struct form that would make it easy.
And here it is, hidden in the innards of mzlib!

This wonderful thing should really be made available to everyone. It is

Posted on the users mailing list.