[plt-scheme] {offshoot of} Request for Info

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 11:43:08 EST 2006

--- hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> Evidently there's something I don't unerstand here, that
> I need to know
> to keep the proposal from coming across as nonsense.
> Where would this
> scheme library be running?  In the browser?  Do browsers
> *have*
> scheme plugins?  How does C use GTK to call html pages?

I think the idea is to have Scheme running on a server
communicating with Javascript code running on the browser.
The communication should be written in such a way that the
programmer doesn't have to be aware that some code is
written in Scheme and some in Javascript.

The Hop project (http://hop.inria.fr/) does this with an
imperative GUI model.  I prefer the Flapjax
(http://flapjax-lang.org/) GUI model (a reactive system)
but so far the Scheme integration is missing.

N.

AIM: noelhwelsh
Blogs: http://monospaced.blogspot.com/  http://www.untyped.com/untyping/