[plt-scheme] Request for Info

From: Sarvottam Salvi (bsalvi at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 00:38:22 EST 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are 8th and 9th grade students.  We are looking for language which will
allow us to present Chemistry and Physics concepts graphically and
interactively.  We would also like to acquire good programing skills.  We
have following questions:

   1. Why there are are so many Schemes?   Which one would be good for
   our objectives of doing the job and also easy to learn.
   2. It seems Scheme does not allow 2 parts of a program run
   simultaneously.  Are we right?  Has anyone done simulations in scheme.
   3. If we have to make our programs useful for others so that they can
   run in their browser then do we have to convert them into Java (Java
   servelets and applets)?  If so then it seems Java should be our first
   language to be learned.  Are we right?

Thanks,
Bal Salvi