[plt-scheme] GUI builder ?

From: Ivan Altaparmakov (ialt at tu-sofia.bg)
Date: Tue Dec 12 09:43:16 EST 2006

My tought was that it will be good if learning of GUI building
is put in erlier stage of learning - before object system.
It is more exciting to print and input to/from graphical form and controls
insteoad of console and if this printing is as easy as to console.
Justbasic had done this in easy way and in way similar to scheme sending
commands to objects.
Lerning object system would be done later.

 Few lines of code :

     print #main, "font ms_sans_serif 0 16" - sends command to main form
to set the font
     print #main.textbox3, "!contents? value$" sends command to textbox2 of main
form to store contents of the text field in value$ variable i.e. inputs value
from text box control
     print #main.statictext2, value$  - prints value of variable value4 to the
statictext of main form

this is just print and input and no object system , but better then console.

here the hole text which is generated automaticaly except 2 lines :

    nomainwin

    WindowWidth = 550
    WindowHeight = 410

    button #main.button1, "Button Caption", [button1Click], UL, 26, 16, 122, 25
    statictext #main.statictext2, "StaticText Caption", 22, 56, 144, 20
    textbox #main.textbox3, 30, 86, 100, 25
    open "untitled" for window as #main
    print #main, "font ms_sans_serif 0 16"

[main.inputLoop]   'wait here for input event
    wait

[button1Click]   'Perform action for the button named 'button1'
    'Insert your own code here