[plt-scheme] Open GL tutorial for DrScheme

From: Ivanyi Peter (pivanyi at freemail.hu)
Date: Mon Dec 4 11:24:18 EST 2006

Hi,

The question is what do you want to know?
If you take the program that I have posted a couple of days ago,
then simply modify the drawing part. To do this, there is no
better tutorial than the Red book or other OpenGL books even
if they are written for C.
If you compare the program with C, you can see that the
syntax is almost identical, something like in C
glColor3f(3.0, 3.0, 3.0)
is in Scheme
(glColor3f 3.0 3.0 3.0)
so generally there should not be any problem.

The only tricky part if you want to do something more with
OpenGL.
For example to react to mouse or keyboard actions.
Then you have to learn a little MrEd. If this is the
problem, then most
people on this list can help, but if this _IS_ the problem
then I try make
a little tutorial on this during the Christmas holiday.
The third tricky part can be as I have mentioned earlier the
selection
and feedback buffer and textures. When I make that little
tutorial
I will write a section on this as well, as this is not
straightforward,
IMHO. (Please do not expect a full tutorial on how to write
a game
under DrScheme in OpenGL.)

Best regards,

Peter Ivanyi