[plt-scheme] Universal Binaries?

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 20 16:34:45 EDT 2006

Robby Findler wrote:

 > But, just in case it you didn't already know -- if you build on a ppc
 > machine, it will run on both kinds of computers (because the intel
 > machines have built-in emulators).
 >
 > Robby

I forgot about Rosetta; for now, that answers my question.

While I'm at it, I thought I'd point at something I stumbled on just now.

http://www.sveinbjorn.org/software

Platypus isn't really necessary, given that we can build executables
directly from DrScheme. But Tapir is a neat little app. It creates
menubar apps from scripts for OSX. W.R.T. PLT Scheme, Tapir can turn
applications compiled with "mzc --exe foo foo.scm && mzc --exe-dir
foodir foo" into menubar apps with almost zero effort.

I thought that was kinda cute.

Cheers,
Matt

Posted on the users mailing list.