[plt-scheme] Unable to run the 103p1 version on SuSE 10

From: Jean-Baka Domelevo-Entfellner (domelevo at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 03:24:41 EDT 2006

Hi!
I had compiled it on Fedora Core with an old gcc (3.2), to avoid too
many error messages you get using 4.x flavours. On my SuSE platform, I
do not have such an old compiler, but I have access to a 3.3.6, which
I used to compile some parts of the software (meaning "some
directories"). Problems arise particularly in the wxxt subdirectory,
because of some obsolete syntax. So the compiling process is somewhat
untidy, but at the end I got it all compiled.
And even if I could do more uniform a compilation (same version of gcc
for all, same options), in my mind as soon as you compile it all
without errors, the sofware should work, uh?
Thanks for your collaboration.
JB

P.S. How do you know the -O2 option is unsupported ? Can't this be
removed by the configuree process ?

On 4/27/06, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:29:02 +0200, "Jean-Baka Domelevo-Entfellner" wrote:
> > So things run OK on 2.6.8 and so kernels, for instance on my Debian
> > unstable, on FC3 and FC4 distros also.
> > But now we're moving to SuSE 10.0, with a 2.6.13 kernel. ANd I am able
> > to compile, with a few workarounds, but mred and mzscheme both
> > segfault as soon as they are started.
>
> Which versions of gcc are you using?
>
> I yet haven't found a comparable virtual machine image, but in trying
> some other Linux variants, I notice compiler warnings related to
> aliasing. Does compiling without optimization help? (v103p1 apparently
> doesn't support --enable-noopt with configure, so you'll have to edit
> Makefiles to delete -O2.)
>
> Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.