[plt-scheme] Unable to run the 103p1 version on SuSE 10

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 27 14:57:23 EDT 2006

At Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:29:02 +0200, "Jean-Baka Domelevo-Entfellner" wrote:
> So things run OK on 2.6.8 and so kernels, for instance on my Debian
> unstable, on FC3 and FC4 distros also.
> But now we're moving to SuSE 10.0, with a 2.6.13 kernel. ANd I am able
> to compile, with a few workarounds, but mred and mzscheme both
> segfault as soon as they are started.

Which versions of gcc are you using?

I yet haven't found a comparable virtual machine image, but in trying
some other Linux variants, I notice compiler warnings related to
aliasing. Does compiling without optimization help? (v103p1 apparently
doesn't support --enable-noopt with configure, so you'll have to edit
Makefiles to delete -O2.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.