[plt-scheme] DrScheme and non-latin input

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 27 12:32:35 EDT 2006

At Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:39:26 +0400, Max Vasin wrote:
> Is it posible to input non-latin characters (I need russian) in DrScheme
> under GNU/Linux? Currently used locale is ru_RU.KOI8-R. Running
> $ env LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 LC_ALL= drscheme
> makes no effect.

I'm not sure. DrScheme uses XIM under X to get keyboard input. My
impression is that this is the right way to support locale-sensitive
input, but maybe DrScheme should do something else, or maybe DrScheme
doesn't use the XIM interface correctly? Any advice on this point is

Posted on the users mailing list.