[plt-scheme] Re: thanks

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 21 21:17:44 EDT 2006

Hi Amar,

[cc:ing plt-scheme list]

If you haven't seen it already, take a look at the main text of "How to
Design Programs":

     http://www.htdp.org/

If you've already programmed in something else, I'd still heartily
recommend reading through it and doing the exercises.  (I personally felt
it was very slow at first.  I felt like a little kid again, but then,
that's how I always feel. *grin*)  Things really pick up around Chapter 9,
and it's worth the effort.

If you're interested in a more lesuirely introduction to the web server
framework, you may want to read:

     http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP/Extended/servlets.html

The servlet2.ss 'teachpack' described there presents a user-friendly
interface to the web-server functionality, but unfortunately, it hasn't
been ported to PLT Scheme 301 yet.  So as you read Matthias's tutorial,
grab v209:

     http://download.plt-scheme.org/drscheme/v209.html

and load the servlet2.ss teachpack under that environment.  You should
then be able to at least go through that tutorial's examples without too
much trouble, and then the web-server API should make sense.

Another good paper to look at is Developing Interactive Web Programs:

     http://www.ccs.neu.edu/scheme/pubs/afp2002-f.ps.gz

Best of wishes to you!

Posted on the users mailing list.