[plt-scheme] support for sound or interfaces to sound software

From: Lee Spector (lspector at hampshire.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 23:39:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm looking for ways to use DrScheme for sound/music applications in
the context of a course I will be teaching in Fall 2006. One option
would be to use a textual intermediary -- e.g. have student programs
produce ASCII specifications of note sequences that can be cut/pasted
into sound-producing applications written in other languages. I've
done this before when teaching in Lisp and C, and I've had the
students cut/paste into applications I've developed using Max or
(long long ago) HyperCard. But it'd be a lot neater if I could get
sound directly from DrScheme (preferably under MacOS X, which will be
my teaching platform) or if I could easily produce MIDI streams or
files from DrScheme.

I'm new to DrScheme and apologize if this is a FAQ, but I haven't
seen anything about this in the docs or in the discussion list
archives that I've searched. (There doesn't seem to be an obvious way
to search all of the archives in one shot...).

Thanks,

  -Lee

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438

Posted on the users mailing list.