[plt-scheme] processing requests

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 18 18:06:18 EDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> Are you aware that there's a Web server built into the PLT Scheme
> distribution that explicitly saves you the hassle of any of the things
> you're trying to do?  If not, please search for "web server" in the Help
> Desk.

Hi Shriram and Amar,

But I think Amar knows about the web server, since the message did mention

I suspect what Amar's trying to do is have two independent servlets that

> 1.how do i receive and process the bindings received from First.ss in
> B.ss?
> 2.Is there any core procedure that can be used( examples like add.ss etc
> deal with 1 scheme file & they extract the bindings from the return
> value of send/suspend) & how should i structure B.ss 3. Are there any
> examples for this

But things might be simpler if the control structure were in just one
file.  Would it be possible to do something like this?

(module First mzscheme
   (require (lib "servlet.ss" "web-server")

   ;; ... other add servlet goodness here
   (define (start initial-request)
     ; ... stuff here, and then:
       (send/suspend ...)))

(module B mzscheme
    (provide section-b)
    (define (section-b bindings) ...))

You could then pass section-b any other parameters or bindings that are

Best of wishes!

Posted on the users mailing list.