[plt-scheme] DrScheme now rewrites opening square brackets, too

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 12 18:37:20 EDT 2006

At Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:27:34 +0200, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> I find it more useful to bind ctrl+q to quoting rather than quitting.

I certainly don't mind having a secondary binding that kicks in when
the menu shortcuts are disabled.

> The reasons are as follows:
>
>   - I never quit DrScheme

:)

>   - I already know ctrl+q from Emacs
>   - ctrl+q for quitting isn't standard in Windows
>     (at least it doesn't work in Word -
>      normally alt+f4 is used for quitting)
>   - quitting is done only once in a session, so having
>     a short keybinding doesn't save any time

I'm surprised to hear that control-q isn't the standard quit binding. I
thought alt-f4 was "close window". What about IE? Powerpoint?

Assuming it is standard, however, I don't think we're going to win the
"it wasn't a good choice" battle :)

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.