[plt-scheme] question about dr. scheme indentation

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 20:47:06 EDT 2006

Either of those formats reduces the compactness of Scheme.  The 'usual'
format is very easy to read; after getting used to Scheme, the parens
disappear and your eyes see the relationship between the lines.

(define (myfunction myparam)
   (let* ((myvar 10))
     (+ myvar myparam)))

Not convinced?  As you read sentences, you don't literally put
individual letters together to make words.  Nor do you literally put
words together to make sentences.  This may be hard to believe until
you experience one of those perception demos where you can read entire
paragraphs even though most of the letters are removed.

Your brain recognizes patterns then forms thoughts.  Likewise, by
letting DrScheme form consistent patterns, you can read programs
without counting parens.

rac