[plt-scheme] drscheme in Xorg-7.0?

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 13:44:39 EDT 2006

On 10/04/06, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:43:00 +0100, "Paulo J. Matos" wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not sure how to make XLoadQueryFont succeed. What does xlsfonts
> > > produce on your machine?
> > >
> > > Meanwhile, you'll probably be a lot happier if DrScheme uses
> > > Xft/Fontconfig instead of the old X11 fonts. Maybe you need to install
> > > some Xft development package so that MrEd will build with Xft? (The
> > > configure script attempts to find Xft, etc.)
> > >
> > > Matthew
> > >

> > Sorry... sent an empty msg by mistake.
> > In fact it seems I have libxft installed and it is detected by DrScheme:
> > $ grep -i xft config.log
> > configure:10961: g++ -o conftest -g -O2    conftest.cc -lcairo   -lGL
> > -lXrender -lXft -lXrender -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lz -lX11   -lcairo
> >  -ldl -lm  -rdynamic >&5
> > MROPTIONS=' -DOPERATOR_NEW_ARRAY -DUSE_GL -DWX_USE_XRENDER
> > -DWX_USE_XFT -DWX_USE_CAIRO -DWX_USE_LIBPNG -DWX_USE_LIBJPEG'
> > X_EXTRA_LIBS=' -lGL -lXrender -lXft -lXrender -lfontconfig -lfreetype
> > -lz -lX11   -lcairo   -lpng -lz -ljpeg'
> >
> > So, using libxft is the thing that's not working...
>
> Ok, I'm stuck again.
>
> I'll probably have to run it myself, so I renew my request for a way to
> set up an installation that's easier than starting a Gentoo install
> from scratch. (Previously, Patrick suggested creating a tarball that I
> could unpack onto a disk. Something like that would be fine. A MS
> Virtual PC image would be even better.)

I guess you would need a tarball of a complete system, minimal, but
usable to reproduce the error?
I don't really know how I can do that manually from my machine since I
would have to filter a lot of useless stuff. If you tell me how can I
do that, I'll find a way to get that to you.

Anyway, would a shell account on my machine help?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm