[plt-scheme] drscheme in Xorg-7.0?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 11:16:16 EDT 2006

At Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:43:00 +0100, "Paulo J. Matos" wrote:
> On 10/04/06, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> > At Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:21:59 +0100, "Paulo J. Matos" wrote:
> > > Any ideas what to look for next? It's weird I'm missing a font since I
> > > have all of the fonts available from Gentoo Portage installed... and
> > > haven't changed xorg.conf during the xorg7 upgrade!
> >
> > I'm not sure how to make XLoadQueryFont succeed. What does xlsfonts
> > produce on your machine?
> >
> > Meanwhile, you'll probably be a lot happier if DrScheme uses
> > Xft/Fontconfig instead of the old X11 fonts. Maybe you need to install
> > some Xft development package so that MrEd will build with Xft? (The
> > configure script attempts to find Xft, etc.)
> >
> > Matthew
> >

> Sorry... sent an empty msg by mistake.
> In fact it seems I have libxft installed and it is detected by DrScheme:
> $ grep -i xft config.log
> configure:10961: g++ -o conftest -g -O2    conftest.cc -lcairo   -lGL
> -lXrender -lXft -lXrender -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lz -lX11   -lcairo
>  -ldl -lm  -rdynamic >&5
> MROPTIONS=' -DOPERATOR_NEW_ARRAY -DUSE_GL -DWX_USE_XRENDER
> -DWX_USE_XFT -DWX_USE_CAIRO -DWX_USE_LIBPNG -DWX_USE_LIBJPEG'
> X_EXTRA_LIBS=' -lGL -lXrender -lXft -lXrender -lfontconfig -lfreetype
> -lz -lX11   -lcairo   -lpng -lz -ljpeg'
>
> So, using libxft is the thing that's not working...

Ok, I'm stuck again.

I'll probably have to run it myself, so I renew my request for a way to
set up an installation that's easier than starting a Gentoo install
from scratch. (Previously, Patrick suggested creating a tarball that I
could unpack onto a disk. Something like that would be fine. A MS
Virtual PC image would be even better.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.