[plt-scheme] MrEd Designer bugs and features request

From: Ivan Boulanov (l00bis at mail.ru)
Date: Mon Apr 10 10:44:32 EDT 2006

Dear Peter Ivanyi,

1st bug:
While trying to change a frame`s properties I`ve got the following errors:
1. reference to undefined identifier: read-from-string
2. reference to undefined identifier: pretty-print
It seems like you haven`t include the string.ss module where it should be.

2nd bug:
I can`t change my frame`s label. The right behaviour should be this: when I
type in the frame`s label or some text parameter I should see it changing on
the actual frame (like it is done in Borland`s C++ and Delphi IDEs).

3d bug
I haven`t managed with creating a Scheme code. The file has null size.

Feature requests:
1. when I doubleclick on the Frame in the Hierarchy Window the frame must
appear and be visible/editable.
2. every button in the editor must have a tooltip with a short description
3. all the text fields in the properties editor must be horizontally
scrollable
4. boolean values and enums should appear as drop-down lists
5. it would be nice if MrEd Designer has the ability to show every change in
the source code for the project immediately
6. every action I can`t take for the element should be forbidden by the
interface rather than by error message boxes.

                                    You are doing a right work
                                                        Ivan Boulanov

Posted on the users mailing list.