[plt-scheme] indexing .ss files in (Macintosh) Spotlight.

From: Geoffrey Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Sat Apr 8 13:45:17 EDT 2006

On Apr 8, 2006, at 12:55, Robby Findler wrote:
> Is it not possible for DrScheme to put something somewhere in a plist
> file that says "use the text thingy for searching in .ss and .scm
> files"? Perhaps next to the place where it says ".ss and .scm files
> are
> opened by me"?

I think that's essentially what happens, except you also have to run
a program that reindexes your hard disk, which can take an hour or
more, so you do it while shopping, eating or sleeping.  If that
happened to new users and they weren't expecting it, it might be
unpopular.  If someone writes a plugin for Spotlight, it's a separate
download, but the user has a little more control, and if anyone asks
why, the answer is:  contact Apple.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk