[plt-scheme] using PLaneT

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 2 16:06:58 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Robby Findler wrote:

> Am I missing something? Why is there a permissions error for writing to
> a directory you own? Are you using sudo to run PLaneT? (you shouldn't
> be, I believe)
>
> > make-directory: cannot make directory: /Users/plragde/Library/PLT
> > Scheme/planet/300/301.12 (Permission denied; errno=13)
> >

> > Perms on ~/Library and all the way down are drwxr-xr-x, which look right
> > to me.

Can you check to make sure you own all the directories?  You should, but
maybe something funky happened.

If you do:

   $ chown -R plragde "/Users/prlagde/Library/PLT Scheme"

to forcefully reset the user ownership, then try installing another PLaneT
package.  Do you see the same kind of weird permission problems?

Posted on the users mailing list.