[plt-scheme] using PLaneT

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Sun Apr 2 13:39:38 EDT 2006

I installed 301 on my PowerBook (I'd been making do with 300 for a
while) and decided to try using PLaneT for the first time, to load Jim
Bender's WebIt!, version 2.0. I put the necessary "require (planet ...)
into my code, but it was run via a shell script invoked from the command
line, which failed with a permissions error. I had to run it using sudo
to get the download to occur, and then my code was horribly slow.
Running setup-plt (also under sudo) compiled WebIt! (plus some other
collections which didn't seem to be compiled) and my code was much
faster after that. Is it supposed to be this complicated? --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.