[plt-scheme] No fork(), is there (current-mzscheme-executable)?

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 09:52:31 EDT 2005

I recently noticed there is no way to fork() in MzScheme. (You can use
`thread' to get a new thread and `subprocess' to start subprocesses,
but you cannot fork and have the same variable set or use `subprocess'
to start an independent MzScheme interpreter.)

Is there a parameter that holds the path that MzScheme was called with
so I can use `subprocess' in this way?

[Before you ask, I need to fork() rather than thread() to avoid
blocking on disk access. Even though MzScheme opens all ports in
non-blocking mode, this generally means nothing for disk I/O on UNIX.]

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.brown.edu>
http://jay.makeoutcity.com/