[plt-scheme] opengl binding

From: Scott Owens (sowens at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 18 14:50:44 EDT 2005

The sgl collection relies only on the foreign-function interface (as
of v299.28), and can be used with either mred/DrScheme or mzscheme.
sgl only provides access to the functions documented in the GL (1.5)
and GLU specs, and not to the functions of glx, or whatever OS X or
MS Windows use to manage GL drawing contexts.  mred provides this
functionality, but sgl itself is agnostic about how the GL contexts
are managed (as is the OpenGL spec itself).

-Scott

On Sep 18, 2005, at 12:39 PM, Hans Oesterholt wrote:

> Scott Owens schreef:
>

>> I'm curious if you are unaware of the GL binding that comes with
>> PLT  Scheme, or if you found it deficient.
>>
>> -Scott
>>

> I didn't try it yet. It is part of drscheme, not mzscheme isn't it?
> Can I install it seperately from drscheme? I'll give it
> a try sometime soon. It's not that I don't want to use it.
> Some months ago, when I created mzopengl, wasn'tt aware
> of the existence of sgl. As I am about to release the first
> alpha of mzgtk2, I needan opengl binding working
> with mzgtk2 released.
>
> Hans

Posted on the users mailing list.