[plt-scheme] opengl binding

From: Scott Owens (sowens at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 18 14:50:44 EDT 2005

The sgl collection relies only on the foreign-function interface (as
of v299.28), and can be used with either mred/DrScheme or mzscheme.
sgl only provides access to the functions documented in the GL (1.5)
and GLU specs, and not to the functions of glx, or whatever OS X or
MS Windows use to manage GL drawing contexts.  mred provides this
functionality, but sgl itself is agnostic about how the GL contexts
are managed (as is the OpenGL spec itself).

On Sep 18, 2005, at 12:39 PM, Hans Oesterholt wrote:

> Scott Owens schreef:
>> I'm curious if you are unaware of the GL binding that comes with
>> PLT  Scheme, or if you found it deficient.
>> -Scott
> I didn't try it yet. It is part of drscheme, not mzscheme isn't it?
> Can I install it seperately from drscheme? I'll give it
> a try sometime soon. It's not that I don't want to use it.
> Some months ago, when I created mzopengl, wasn'tt aware
> of the existence of sgl. As I am about to release the first
> alpha of mzgtk2, I needan opengl binding working
> with mzgtk2 released.
> Hans

Posted on the users mailing list.