[plt-scheme] C-compiler to create native code from Scheme

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 22 02:37:36 EDT 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 PzYcHx at aol.com wrote:

> I'm not sure if I'm posting my emails correctly.  Is this the correct
> place to post them?  If not, then can you correct me?  otherwise, where
> can I get a good C-compiler to create native code out of Scheme
> byte-code?

Hi Mike,

Many Scheme implementations comes with Scheme->C compilers.  PLT Scheme
comes with a C backend called 'mzc'; you can find out more about mzc here:

There's another good Scheme implementation called Bigloo that may interest

I haven't done any performance tests yet.  I've read some of the Bigloo
research papers, though, and it sounds like they put a lot of emphasis on
really cool optimizations.

Those are the only two I've really touched so far; you may want to explore
other implementations to see what you like.  There's a good list here:

Best of wishes!

Posted on the users mailing list.