[plt-scheme] Re: polymorphism of primitive types

From: Bill Wood (william.wood3 at comcast.net)
Date: Tue Oct 18 15:07:50 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 12:26 -0400, David Van Horn wrote:
   . . .
> At least one of the argument lists must be finite:
>
> (map + '(3 1 4 1) (circular-list 1 0)) => (4 1 5 1)

Since you brought it up, I've been wondering if there is some compelling
reason to require the list arguments to HOFs like map, zip, etc. to all
be of the same length?  The Common Lisp versions don't require it.
There have been occasions when I found the more relaxed versions, such
as SRFI 1 and Common Lisp's, to be *very* useful.  The relaxed versions
also help make circular lists more useful.

I asked this question (in a very relaxed fashion) on the OCaml list and
received thundering silence for my insolence :-)

 -- Bill Wood

Posted on the users mailing list.